Hello. Today I am going to level with you...
I have to very clearly say that I am completely and unbelievably lucky to be able to be on the Olympic Park for thirteen out of the sixteen sporting days in the 2012 Olympics. I should also very clearly say that I totally appreciate this, and am doing my utmost to make the most of every second of this amazing opportunity.
Being involved in the Olympic Games in any way is incredibly special. I am really enjoying being a Games Maker
I blogged on Saturday about the amazing atmosphere, my feelings at the end of the first day and the friendliness of strangers.
That has, in short, completely and utterly continued.
I've had more conversations with strangers, and on public transport, in six days than I have in almost thirteen years of living in London.
I've already watched some fantastic sport, from the headline-grabbing to the heroic individual effort.
I am having "pinch me, I'm really doing this" moments several times a day. But I don't have to wake up... there's ten whole days of this left to go. Amazing!
|As for today? Enter the gold rush!
- GOLD for Pete Wilson in the double trap shooting
- Men's cycling team sprint GOLD in the Velodrome
- Canoeing GOLD and also silver in the doubles slalom
- plus a well-deserved Silver in the lightweight fours rowing
This afternoon I've seen yet another improvement in the GB men's Handball team, despite them losing 21-32 Vs Argentina.
But I will save my growing fascination with Handball for another day. There's still some highlights of today's Olympic action to watch before I go off and do a sleep...
I have to very clearly say that I am completely and unbelievably lucky to be able to be on the Olympic Park for thirteen out of the sixteen sporting days in the 2012 Olympics. I should also very clearly say that I totally appreciate this, and am doing my utmost to make the most of every second of this amazing opportunity.
Being involved in the Olympic Games in any way is incredibly special. I am really enjoying being a Games Maker
I blogged on Saturday about the amazing atmosphere, my feelings at the end of the first day and the friendliness of strangers.
That has, in short, completely and utterly continued.
I've had more conversations with strangers, and on public transport, in six days than I have in almost thirteen years of living in London.
I've already watched some fantastic sport, from the headline-grabbing to the heroic individual effort.
I am having "pinch me, I'm really doing this" moments several times a day. But I don't have to wake up... there's ten whole days of this left to go. Amazing!
- GOLD for Pete Wilson in the double trap shooting
- Men's cycling team sprint GOLD in the Velodrome
- Canoeing GOLD and also silver in the doubles slalom
- plus a well-deserved Silver in the lightweight fours rowing
This afternoon I've seen yet another improvement in the GB men's Handball team, despite them losing 21-32 Vs Argentina.
But I will save my growing fascination with Handball for another day. There's still some highlights of today's Olympic action to watch before I go off and do a sleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment