As this was my first morning shift, I should tell you that the Copper Box, newly-christened the 'Box That Rocks' (not by me, I assume by one of the fiendishly over-enthusiastic TV presenter/comperes) is as lively first thing as at any other time of day.
After my shift it was over to Park Live to watch the gymnastics (GB men doing unfeasibly well for the first time in very many years). And Team GB have been winning again!
My evening's entertainment was provided by a ticket to the basketball, but first the obligatory Olympic rings shot on the way into the Basketball Arena for two women's games.
My evening's entertainment was provided by a ticket to the basketball, but first the obligatory Olympic rings shot on the way into the Basketball Arena for two women's games.
Into the Basketball Arena for the first game, a thriller which ended Croatia 70 - Czech Republic 89.
In between games, the "WTF" dancers were on, breakdancing through skipping ropes. I blame the Americans.... ;-)
Game 2 was my chance to see the women's 'Dream Team', where USA beat Turkey 89 - 58.
The Basketball Arena looks really good lit up at night too, even from the inside.
Fifteen hours on the Olympic Park. Nice! And I'm back at 07.30 to do it all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment